Sunday, January 18, 2009

Trooper Take Two


(Bobby, left, is out. Jonnie, right, is now center stage/MySpace photo)

A few weeks ago, I ran into the guitar player from Little Trooper at The Boot and he informed me that Bobby, the band's previous lead singer and primary songwriter, had left the band. The guitar player didn't go into detail, but I could tell this was an unhappy and uncomfortable situation. On the bright side, Little Trooper will apparently live on. They were supposed to play at The Taphouse on Friday (I missed it because I've been battling a nasty cold). I understand that a reconfigured version of the band now features the guitar player, Jonnie, as the new lead singer and they've got a batch of new songs. Admittedly, I'm concerned because I was fond of the old version of the band ... but we are in a season of change, right? I see from the band's MySpace page, that they're set to play The Boot on Feb. 12.

No comments: