Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Way Out West



Tonight, I read about a compilation CD made up of tracks from bands in Virginia's west side (imagine "South Park" Cartman saying that). I recognized several bands, but mostly this will be a disc of discovery for me.
The disc is called "5 4 Whoa!" and it's released by a new label, Chimney Sweep Records. Some bands included in the comp are:
The Makeout
Social Studies
Abe Hensley
DARKHILLS
The Two Funerals
The Bastards of Fate
Lee Street Riots
Couchboy
Just Marshall
False Hope
Against the Norm
Illbotz
The Misled
The Lapdogs
Forensic Teens
Hostile 17
The Wading Girl
The House Floor

I ordered my copy right away from the record label's Web site. For a short story about Chimney Sweep Records, go here.

1 comment:

JimmyT said...

This is good stuff from some of Ronaoke and Blacksburg's finest.