Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fear of Music


(Photo by Patty McDonald)

Sorry for the delay in posting. I get pretty excited about Halloween so my attention has been diverted from Toggle Switch fun and games to crafting a frightening environment on our front porch for candy-craving neighborhood youngsters. In lieu of some shocking Virginia music news, I'm going to hit you with a couple of lists of recommended Halloween music and movies. I hope something here makes your weekend more creepy.

Behold, friends, my Unsettling Halloween Playlist ....

"I Put a Spell on You" Sreamin' Jay Hawkins
"Unfolding" Feralcatscan
"Electric Funeral" Black Sabbath
"We're All Mad Here" Tom Waits
"Back Juju" Alice Cooper
"Boris the Spider" The Who
"Can't Find My Mind" The Cramps
"Quartet No. 8: I. Largo" Kronos Quartet
"Lie Down" The Handsome Family
"Blood Bitch" Cocteau Twins

... and my 10 Favorite Halloween Weekend Movies

"Sleepy Hollow" (Johnny Depp)
"Nosferatu" (1922)
"Young Frankenstein"
"The Exorcist"
"Blair Witch Project"
"Sweeney Todd" (Johnny Depp with Tim Burton, again)
"Rocky Horror Picture Show"
"Night of the Living Dead"
"The Ring"
"Psycho"

2 comments:

Ed Gartin said...

Halloween songs, sounds like a great playlist... hint hint, wink wink nudge nudge, no what I mean...

Sam McDonald said...

Ed, I have a belated Halloween gift for your a$$.