Monday, November 10, 2008

Fest Fever


(MySpace photo)
It's late and I'm short on time, so just two quick notes, only very loosely related.
Tonight, I've been reading about two rock festivals featuring some very fine Virginia bands.

Fest No. 1 -- Something called Ghost of Pop 4 is scheduled for Dec. 12 at Gallery 5 in Richmond. It features a gang of indie-pop/rock acts including Hot Lava, Prabir and the Substitutes, David Shultz and the Skyline, Palominos, Orioles and Awesome Few. I can attest to the niceness of all but the last two bands listed -- I haven't seen the Orioles or the Awesome Few. I'll try to find out more about this post what I learn soon. (Addendum: the Awesome Few is Marshall Costan's band. I haven't seen Marshall live, but I like his nifty Internet songs.)

Fest No. 2 -- Something called Rebellion USA will bring a stampede of punk bands to Steppin' Out in Virginia Beach on Nov. 29. Bands I'm familiar with include The Unabombers, The Hydeouts, The Nerve Scheme. Ones I don't know squat about include D.H.H., Corner's Cut, Underground District, Fujiwara and The Screws. It's an all-ages show. Doors will open at 3 p.m.

No comments: