Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Nothing's shocking



At the risk of sounding like an advertising arm of The Taphouse, I'd like to talk about yet another CD release party planned for the grand old Norfolk Tavern. On Friday, the Rev. D-Ray and The Shockers will celebrate the release of a new disc that I believe will be called "The Legend of Rockalla" at The Taphouse. I gather that the band specializes in weirdly humorous rockabilly, making them something like a cross between the Rev. Billy C. Wirtz and Southern Culture on the Skids. It's probably not coincidence that D-Ray and Company recently played Elvisfest down in Chapel Hill, N.C. Of the songs posted on the band's MySpace page, my favorite is "Loserville," which actually mentions, you guessed it, The Taphouse. (I'll be stopping by to pick up my envelope soon.)

No comments: