Saturday, January 5, 2008

People in My Neighborhood


Forgive me from stating the obvious, but MySpace is a strange and wonderful thing. By bouncing around from page to page, friend list to friend list tonight, I learned that crazy punk rock shows are happening at a place called Tanner's Creek on Colley Avenue -- which happens to be very, very close to where I live. If it weren't for MySpace, there's no telling how long I would have gone without stumbling onto it. Maybe never. I guess this means I need to stop by Skinnies a little more often.
Oh, and judging by the sound of a song or two on their MySpace page, Norfolk punks The Trauma Dolls are a band I'd like to get to know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you do realize that The Nerve Scheme -- the band they're playing with at that Tanner's place -- includes a former member of Deacon Brody, right?

Sam McDonald said...

Wow, Deacon Brody. That's a blast from the past. The punk rock underground is still buzzing, it seems.
Hooray for Deacon Brody!

Anonymous said...

The Trauma Dolls are a great band, I saw them in concert and they tore the roof off the club! So much energy and they are very loud. This band isn't for the faint of heart. They opened for another band called The Rats and blew them out of the water.