Thursday, June 19, 2008

Gettin' Twiggy Wit It



Tonight was a big night for rock in good ol' Norfolk. My beloved Avett Brothers played the Attucks Theatre. Pop fiends Everybody Else was at the 40th Street Stage. One of my favorite hometown bands, Little Trooper, was gettin' it on over at The Taphouse. For reasons that aren't important, I didn't get to see any of these shows. But I have been scanning the Internets for nuggets of information to pass on to you, the Toggle Switch consumer.

There's a particular brand of musical strangeness happening in Roanoke and a bit of it will be seeping into Richmond on Saturday , June 28. The Magic Twig Community, a collective of associated musicians and artists, is coming to Gallery 5 that night. On the bill are The Young Sinclairs, SUNKING!, The New Sound of Numbers, Gull and Hot Lava. (I'm sad that the lovely and excellent Sad Cobras won't be part of the action).

Next goal: to get the Twigsters down here in Norfolk.

No comments: