Monday, July 28, 2008

Byrne-ing Down the House


(D.B. photo from www.austinchronicle.com)

Today's big news is that David Byrne of Talking Heads fame is coming to play a show at the Ferguson Center in Newport News on Sept. 18. Byrne is hitting the road under the banner of "The Songs of David Byrne and Brian Eno," which means he'll be doing tunes from the three Talking Heads albums Byrne and Eno collaborated on -- "More Songs About Buildings and Food," "Fear of Music," and "Remain in Light" -- as well as compositions from the duo's collaborative album "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts." Pitchfork Media tells us that Byrne and Eno have written and recorded a new album together that's to be called "Everything That Happens Will Happen Today." One free song will be available for download on Aug. 4, the rest will be ready to buy on Aug. 18.
Eno won't be performing with Byrne in Newport News, but I'm told that David will be backed by his own band.
I very well may be forgetting something, but I believe this is the coolest show yet to play the Ferguson Center. Tickets go on sale Aug. 4.

3 comments:

swampy said...

damn..

Misty Beethoven said...

OH YEAH. Thank you.
I saw David Byrne at the 9:30 Club on his Look into The Eyeball tour. It was so terrific. He played all sorts of Talking Heads tunes as well as the new stuff and it was excellent.
I think I might have to go. Just don't tell my boss that I'm going to the Ferguson Center!

About me said...

sammy,

i'm definitely there. let's make it a man date.