Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Two Up Two Down

(MySpace photo)

Quan, a straight-up gangsta rapper from Newport News, has had a strange sort of career. After he appeared on "Just a Moment" by hip-hop heavyweight Nas a few years back, it looked like he was going to break big on the national music scene. Instead, he's continued to lurk mostly in the shadows, releasing mix tapes and trying to lay the groundwork for another assault on the biz.

Here's what he posted as a MySpace bulletin last week:

"I am thankful for all the love and support ya'll give me, and I promise to continue to lace you with that real shit....
I am a free agent now, as soon as I find a good situation, ya'll will get the album, and whatever other album god allowz me to deliver....
My aim at the least for this year is to give ya'll a 6 to 7 song ep with one or two singles / videos...that displayz my singing and rapping equally,just looking for the right distribution.
As for my personal life...My son is gettin grown as hell, ;) (if you have a seed ..cherish them, they grow sooooo fast) ..I can complain about alot of shit, but itz no need...
I have had alot of deaths in my family, and a few other tragediez lately, back to back...and to say that that shit don't fuck with my art, i'd be lying... but God don't make no mistakes....that just meanz I have a few personal angelz up there watchin my crazy ass....
I'm great though, ready to show the world what i got to give....
ps. I'm workin on my r&b project....still the same nigga, just blowin the dust off my pipes thatz all....don't worry niggaz, I ain't gonna get mushy..;) gangsta love at itz finest!!!!!
sneak peakz soon......til then i love you all for lovin me.....I AIN'T GOIN NOWHERE BUT TO THE TOP OF THEM CHARTZ"

Visit his MySpace page to download a free copy of Quan's R&B tune "The Hustle."

No comments: