Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Meet The Villains



I'm adding The Villains to the ever-lengthening list of Bands Sam Needs to Go See. I first heard of them from Seth of The Mockers. Seth gave them a recommendation, and he's not one to toss around half-hearted compliments. Next, I noticed the guys on the ballot for the Port Folio Weekly 2008 Music Awards. On the one hand, these kinds of Internet voting contests don't mean much (They're mostly a measure of a band's ability to get out the vote and not necessarily a measure of their popularity or quality). But somebody obviously agreed with Seth that these guys are one to watch.
Of the pair of songs I've heard so far, my favorite is "Rockin' Away" -- which reminds me a bit of the Flamin' Groovies, a band I truly love.
Looks like I missed them play Tanner's Creek on Feb. 8. Man, that place just keeps booking the crazy rock shows.

No comments: