Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Timeshares in space


(MySpace photo of Little Trooper)
When I recently talked to Josh at The Boot (and formerly at Relative Theory Records) about his favorite bands in the area, he named The Super Vacations ("druggy, psychedelic surf rock" he said) and Little Trooper ("remind me of Pavement and shit.") After hearing a few TSV tunes online, I can see what caught Josh's ear. They sound like something off the "Nuggets" boxed set -- but with a slightly more low-fi, indie-rock approach. Interesting.
Little Trooper might be slightly more straight-ahead indie-rock, but they're also packin' a few more hooks. According to the LT MySpace page, they're playing The Boot on Friday night, so drop by and sample some if you'll be in the neighborhood.
One more piece of Boot-related news: Dave at the restaurant told me that one of my favorite regional bands, Mas Y Mas, is now based here in Norfolk. Yes!

No comments: