Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Monday, Monday


(MySpace photo)

I'm kind of sorry I didn't stop in The Boot on Monday night to sample a set by Ki:Theory. Frankly, the name threw me off a little. I thought they were some fuzzy-headed, hippie jam band. But after listening to a few tracks on Ki:Theory's MySpace page, I can tell that I had them -- or maybe I should say him -- pegged wrong. Tracks "Holiday Heart" and "Kiss With Fists" match strong, Coldplay-like vocals with electronic beats and experimental samples sort of like what you might hear from the Postal Service. It seems that Ki:Theory is essentially Joel Burleson of Richmond, though he performs with a full band. Burleson has done remixes of tracks by UNKLE and Queens of the Stone Age, so that gives you some idea where his head's at. This weekend Ki:Theory heads out for a national tour with South and The Silver State. Hope they come back to Norfolk soon.

No comments: